- Youth Christmas Party: Dec. 14 @ 5:00PM
- WH&FMS Christmas Party: Dec. 15 @ 7:00PM
- Christmas Cantata: Dec. 21 @ 10:30AM
- Christmas Children's Play: Dec. 21 @ 6:00PM
- Christmas Eve Service: Dec 24 @ 6:00PM
- Movie night coming again in the fall
Advent Season 2014!
The word "advent" comes from the Latin "adventus" meaning "arrival" or "coming," particularly of something having great importance.
The Advent is a period of spiritual preparation in which many Christians make themselves ready for the coming, or birth of the Lord, Jesus Christ. Celebrating Advent typically involves a season of prayer, fasting and repentance, followed by anticipation, hope and joy.
Many Christians celebrate Advent not only by thanking God for Christ's first coming to Earth as a baby, but also for his presence among us today through the Holy Spirit, and in preparation and anticipation of his final coming at the end of time.
- November 30 - First Sunday of Advent
- December 7 - Second Sunday of Advent
- December 14 - Third Sunday of Advent
- December 21 - Fourth Sunday of Advent